Sunday, March 15, 2009

Deny Him?

Hey everyone! I am way overdue for pictures, and stories, both here and on facebook.
Gosh i need to catch up - stay tuned then! Will get down to it ASAP?


Lent meditation from 14th March Saturday.


Growing up, I would often think that Peter was such a wuss. But really, as I grew up (and I always say, having more years means more opportunities of self-abasement and loathing, and a greater humility through the many many faults we accumulate) I found that really we all commit this same sin constantly.

And I asked myself – if people saw me today – would I even come close to even being recognized as a disciple of Christ? At least Peter was close enough / lived well enough to Christ to be recognized as a disciple. You have to be associated with Jesus before u can even have the chance to deny Him.

So, would I really be found as one of His by others? The answer does scare me.

Indeed, I have denied Him too in my choices, and in my conduct. God have mercy on me and forgive me and help me through.

I really know many things now - in my own life especially, why God called me back to Malaysia (called? He had to drag me back cause i stubbornly did not want to return. ). I don think i would honestly have been able to survive all the comforts this country has to offer. =)

2 comments:

  1. hi jared...
    how have you been?
    are you still in Penang?
    or are you in US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey keng woo.
    in the US still bro. You still with motorola?
    Why lah u come and keep in touch with me hru the blog?
    =P

    ReplyDelete